Pulse oximetry is a painless test that measures your oxygen saturation level or the oxygen levels in your blood. The knowledge of the best pulse oximeter in Nigeria serves as a guide to help detect even small changes in how efficiently oxygen is being carried furthest from the heart, including the legs and the arms.
A pulse oximeter is a medical device that measures the oxygen content in our blood. The device indicates how much oxygen from the air we breathe into our lungs gets into the blood. The new Pulse oximeter can be clipped onto a fingertip, displays both the oxygen saturation and a percentage of red blood cells carrying oxygen and pulse rate. The normal range for oxygen saturation is 95–100 percent. It is a necessity for patients with pre-existing lung conditions or those who require supplemental oxygen.
The pulse oximeter is a small, clip-like device attached to a body part, like toes or an earlobe. We put a pulse oximeter on a finger to take readings, and its best use is in a critical care setting like emergency rooms or hospitals. Some doctors, such as pulmonologists(physicians who deal with diseases of the lungs and respiratory system), may use it in the office. Pulse oximeters have become an invaluable diagnostic tool because of their ease of use, portability, and applicability in a wide range of clinical settings.
Uses of Pulse Oximeter:
- To monitor oxygen levels during or after surgical procedures that require sedation
- To determine how effective supplemental oxygen therapy is, especially when treatment is new
- To assess someone’s ability to tolerate increased physical activity
- It may be used to monitor individuals’ health with any condition that can affect blood oxygen levels.
The best Pulse Oximeter according to experts in Nigeria
The latest Pulse Oximeter available in Nigeria is mentioned below, so you can choose the best suited to your needs by using our comparison tool and reviews. The devices are entirely painless to use and can be used by anyone easily. The latest Pulse oximeter price in Nigeria will help you select the best model as per your requirement.
The increase in utilization and availability of this technology has occurred in higher-income countries in large part because of significant cost and supply chain barriers in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Recent studies estimate that >77,000 operating rooms around the world have no access to pulse oximeters. Pulse oximeters compute arterial hemoglobin oxygen saturation. The pulsatile ratio to the total transmitted red light is divided by the same ratio for infrared light transilluminating the finger, ear, or other tissue. In theory, the derived saturation should be independent of skin pigmentation and many other variables, including hemoglobin concentration, nail polish, dirt, and jaundice. Many variables influence the reading of pulse oximeters. Algorithm testing is also required to refine the accuracy of these devices. The Best Pulse Oximeters in Nigeria are listed below;
Pulse Oximeter CMS50FW Contec:
It has a long-term finger pulse oximeter with a wristband that reads your heart rate and your blood’s oxygen content. Pulse Oximeter CMS50FW Contec device has a mini-USB interface. The history of recorded values can be transferred to a computer afterward. With special software, these data can then be examined and evaluated.
Features of Pulse Oximeter CMS50FW Contec
- This device has a clear, easy-to-read OLED display and allows for individually adjustable alarm limits.
- Contec CMS50FW can be used as a sleep monitor and is ideal for treating obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- It has 4 adjustable brightness levels, simple operation with just one button press comes with internal data memory, and a well displayed time.
Pulse Oximeter CMS50E Contec:
The CMS50E is a professional device used in measuring pulse oxygen saturation and pulse rate through the finger and made standard by photoelectric oxyhemoglobin inspection technology by capacity pulse scanning and recording technology.
Features of Pulse Oximeter CMS50E Contec
- It is easy to operate,
- It has a low power consumption,
- It comes with a pulse bar and pulse graph display
- Spo2 value display,
- The low voltage indicator and real-time data can transmit to a computer for analysis.
- The product is suitable for being used in family, hospital, oxygen bar, community healthcare, physical care in sports (It can be used before or after doing sports, and it is not recommended to use the device during sport).
- The CMS 50E can store 24 hours’ worth of data, and readings can be uploaded to a computer easily using the free software that is included with the device. Measurements can then be analyzed with the help of a medical professional or physician.
Nihon Kohden Finger Pulse Oximeter:
This Nihon Kohden Finger Pulse Oximeter is a non-invasive and painless test that measures your oxygen saturation level or the oxygen levels in your blood. It can rapidly detect even small changes in how efficiently oxygen is being carried to the extremities furthest from the heart, including the legs and the arms.
The finger pulse oximeter is a small, clip-like device that attaches to a body part, like toes or an earlobe. It’s most commonly put on a finger, and it’s often used in an acute care setting like emergency rooms or hospitals.
Technical Specifications of Nihon Kohden Finger Pulse Oximeter:
- Dual-color LED displays SPO2, PR, Pulse bar, and waveform.
- Level 1-10 adjustable brightness
- Six display modes
- Automatically power off 2 AAA alkaline batteries.
- Optional multi-color silicone rubber boot and carrying case
- Suitable for pediatric and adult.
Fingertip pulse oximeter CMS50DL2 CONTEC:
Fingertip pulse oximeter CMS50DL2 CONTEC is a non-invasive device intended for the spot-check of oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2) and the pulse rate of adult and pediatric patients in the home and hospital environments (including clinical use in internist/surgery, anesthesia, intensive care, etc.). Fingertip pulse oximeter CMS50DL2 CONTEC is not intended for continuous monitoring. A portable, lightweight, easy to operate, and low voltage indicator which might affect the readings Displays Spo2 value, pulse rate value, bar graph all on a clear LED screen for easy reading.
Specification of fingertip pulse oximeter CMS50DL2 CONTEC:
Display Model: LED display
- SpO2 Measuring Range:0%~100%, (the resolution is 1%).
- Accuracy:70%~100%:±2% ,Below 70% unspecified.
- PR Measuring Range:30 bpm~250 bpm, (the resolution is 1 bpm)
- Accuracy:±2 bpm or ±2% (select larger)
- Measurement Performance in Weak Filling Condition: SpO2 and pulse rate can be shown correctly when the pulse-filling ratio is 0.4%. SpO2 error is ±4%, pulse rate error is ±2 bpm or ±2% (select more extensive).
- Power Consumption:less than 25 mA
- Voltage:DC 2.6 V – 3.6 V
- Battery working hour: Two batteries can work continuously for 24 hours
- Safety Type: Interior Battery, BF Type
- Weight 0.06kg
Pediatric Fingertip Pulse Oximeter CMS-50QA Contec:
This Pediatric Fingertip Pulse Oximeter CMS-50QA Contec is designed with children in mind. Pediatric Fingertip Pulse Oximeter CMS-50QA Contec oximeters are specially designed to detect both the pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation level (SPO2). It is recommended for use on children from ages 2 to 13, with a minimum body weight of 35 lbs, or 16 kg. The bright LCD allows for easy viewing with high contrast. The sensor is calibrated to the thinner skin surface of children, whose skin could be as little as 0.3 inches (8mm)The bright LCD allows for easy viewing with high contrast.
Features of Pediatric Fingertip Pulse Oximeter CMS-50QA Contec
- It comes with a built-in heartbeat tracker, the first of its kind.
- This auditory blip helps keep track of the heart as its beating without visually looking at the display.
- An acoustic alarm is included to detect when the heart rate or SpO2 exceeds a preset specification.
- Easy to operate; this oximeter low power consumption, pulse bar and pulse graph display, Spo2 value display, low voltage indicator, and real-time data can be transmitted to the analysis computer.
- The product is suitable for being used in family, hospital, oxygen bar, community healthcare, physical care in sports (It can be used before or after doing sports, and it is not recommended to use the device during the process of having sport), etc.
You must be cautious when considering the purchase of pulse oximeters for use either at home or in the hospital.
For more information on the best pulse oximeter in Nigeria, kindly Contact Us